A quick and easy one pot meal of cajun-style andouille sausage, quartered red potatoes, fresh green beans and sliced mushrooms. Drizzle the buttery broth over the potatoes for maximum flavor.
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (12 oz) package cajun style andouille sausage (it’s a precooked smoked sausage)
- 1 1/2 pounds (24 oz) red potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds (24 oz) green beans
- 1/2 pound (8 oz) white mushrooms
- 4 tsp cajun seasoning
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Pour chicken broth into Instant Pot.
- Cut sausage into thin quarter inch slices. Cut red potatoes into 1 inch cubes or chunks. Wash and trim the ends of the green beans. Quarter the mushrooms. Add the sausage, potatoes, green beans and mushrooms into the Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle the cajun seasoning, salt and pepper into the pot. Toss with a spoon. Cut the butter into 8 pieces and toss them into the pot.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When the timer is up perform a quick release by moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid when you can.
- Gently stir the contents of the pot. Scoop onto serving plates or bowls and enjoy.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I don’t like cajun seasoning. If you’re not a fan of cajun seasoning your could use kielbasa sausage instead of andouille and use a different seasoning like montreal chicken seasoning or lemon pepper seasoning. Where did you find your sausage? There are all sorts of types of sausage. For example chicken sausage with apples or kielbasa sausage. They look like plump hot dogs and come in a 12 ounce package. Really you could use any kind of sausage that you want. I chose an andouille cajun style sausage. I found mine in the grocery store by the bacon and other cured meats. Can I use canned green beans? No. Don’t do it! Fresh green beans taste so great in this meal so use fresh. Plus canned green beans would get really mushy. I don’t like mushrooms. It’s fine. You don’t have to add mushrooms in. You can definitely leave them out. Can I use another type of potato besides red potatoes? You can. Yellow potatoes will cook at the same rate as red potatoes. Russet potatoes will take a bit longer and I would peel the russet potatoes if I were you. Add 1-2 minutes to the cooking time for russet potatoes.
- Category: Sausage
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Cajun
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 368
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 1036 mg
- Fat: 23 g
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Protein: 13 g
Keywords: one pot meal