A super easy and fast way to have the flavors of cabbage rolls for dinner tonight.
- 1 pound ground beef (you can also use ground turkey)
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 6 cups cabbage (cut into ½” by 3” slices)
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 4 oz grated medium or sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef and break it up. Add in the onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Brown the beef for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease. Turn off the saute setting. Scrape off the bottom of the Instant Pot with a wooden spoon. Add in half the broth.
- Layer the cabbage on top of the beef. Then sprinkle the rice on top of the cabbage. Pour the rest of the broth over the top of the rice. Then dump the tomatoes and tomato sauce evenly over the top of the rice.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 8 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cheddar and salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American