Rice and chicken in a spiced (but not spicy) tomato, butter and cream sauce.
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs or 2 pounds bone-in chicken drumsticks (with skin removed)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 Tbsp heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings: cilantro, green onions and chopped cashews or peanuts
- Pour brown rice and broth into bottom of Instant Pot. Place the chicken on top.
- In a bowl stir together the crushed tomatoes, butter, garlic, garam masala, ginger, salt, red pepper, tomato paste and garlic powder. Pour the mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting.
- Use tongs to place chicken on a platter.
- Stir heavy cream into rice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chicken with rice. Top with cilantro, green onions and chopped cashews or peanuts
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot