Making a turkey breast in the Instant Pot couldn’t be easier! This recipe has just 3 main ingredients and can be cooked from start to finish in less than an hour. Plus you can make gravy with the drippings.
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 (5 pound) bone-in turkey breast, thawed
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- Salt and pepper, thyme, sage (optional)
- Pour the chicken broth into the Instant Pot. Add the butter into pot.
- Place your trivet* in the pot.
- Use kitchen shears* to cut off any excess skin, but leave the skin covering the breast.
- Rub onion soup mix all over outside of the turkey and under the skin. Place the turkey into the Instant Pot.
- Cover and secure the pot. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook time to 25 minutes for 3-4 pound turkeys and 27 for 4-5 pound turkeys and 30 minutes for 6+ pound turkeys. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Check the turkey for doneness. Insert thermometer* into the thickest part of the breast. It should be at least 165° F. Remove the turkey and place on a platter.
- Use foil to loosely tent the turkey and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- While it is sitting use the drippings in the Instant Pot to make gravy. Pour the juices in the bottom of the Instant Pot through a mesh strainer and into a bowl. Pour the drippings back into the Instant Pot. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute function.
- In a small bowl mix together 2-3 Tbsp of cornstarch and the same amount of cold water until smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture into the Instant Pot. Whisk until thickened. Salt and pepper to taste. Add in a pinch of thyme and a pinch of sage.
- Slice the turkey breast and serve with gravy.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
To make gluten free: Most onion soup mixes are not gluten free. Kroger brand, however, does not contain gluten although it is not labeled as gluten free. Try this homemade recipe and keep it on hand: 1-1/2 cups dried minced onion, 1/4 cup GF beef bouillon powder, 2-1/2 TBS onion powder, 1/2 tsp crushed celery seed, 1/2 teaspoon sugar. 5 Tablespoons of this is about equal to a packet. Double check broth to be sure it does not contain gluten.
- Category: Turkey
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot, turkey