A salty, addicting snack of soft peanuts is easy to make at home in your Instant Pot, slow cooker or on the stove.
- 1 pound of raw unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup sea salt (or table salt)
- 10 cups water
- Add peanuts to a colander and rinse them under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Add peanuts to the Instant Pot, slow cooker or a large stock pot.
- Add in the salt and the water.
- Instant Pot: Place a steamer basket or trivet on top of the peanuts to force them under the water. Cover the pot and lock lid into place. Turn valve to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 65 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for at least 30 minutes before removing the lid. The longer they sit the more tasty they’ll be. Slow Cooker: Cover and cook on high for 12 hours. Stove: Bring water to a boil and then turn the heat down to low. Cover the pot and let the peanuts simmer for 3 ½ hours.
- Pour the peanuts into a colander in your sink and drain the water.
- Shell the peanuts with your fingers or teeth, eat and enjoy.
- Store leftovers in and airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.