Tender chunks of beef are braised in a tomato based sauce and tossed with pasta. A super easy recipe to make for any night of the week.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 diced yellow or white onion
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast, cut into two-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 12 oz rigatoni or other pasta of choice
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Turn on your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When it says HOT on the display add in the olive oil. Add the onion. Sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the beef broth, oregano, rosemary, tomato paste, salt, pepper, crushed tomatoes, soy sauce, and bay leaf.
- Nestle the meat into the pot.
- Cover and secure the lid. Press the manual/pressure cook button and adjust the time to 60 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Remove the lid and break the beef into about one-inch pieces with tongs. Stir in the vinegar.
- Follow the directions on the package to prepare the pasta. Reserve half a cup of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta to the Instant Pot along with the pasta water. Toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the pasta and meat with Parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes (plus full natural pressure release)
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot