Tender pieces of beef with soft onions, juicy tomatoes, crisp lettuce, creamy cucumber yogurt sauce all wrapped up in soft, melt in your mouth pita bread. The beef is cooked until tender in your electric pressure cooker in less than an hour.
For the meat
- 1 1/2 lbs beef chuck roast or beef cross rib roast, sliced into thin quarter inch strips across the grain
- 1 large onion, sliced very thinly
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Soft pita bread
For the Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup diced or shredded cucumber, seeded
- 1 Tbsp dried dill or 2 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- Add beef, onion, oil, garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper, lemon juice and broth to the Instant Pot. Cover and turn the valve to “sealing.” Press manual/pressure cook button and set the timer for 25 minutes (high pressure).
- Once the time is up let the pot sit undisturbed for 15 minutes. Then move the valve to venting. Open the pot and stir. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Make the tzatziki sauce. Combine yogurt, cucumber, dill, salt and garlic in medium bowl. Stir until creamy and combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve beef over pita folds with Tzatziki sauce, onions, tomatoes, lettuce and feta.
My Instant Pot took 10 minutes to come to pressure, then 25 minutes of cooking time plus 15 minutes of releasing the pressure. So the total time in the pot was 50 minutes.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe (just the meat)
- Calories: 267
- Sodium: 133 g
- Fat: 11 g
- Carbohydrates: 0 g
- Protein: 23 g