A classic Midwestern hot dish with ground beef, rice, creamy soup, and celery that is topped with Chow Mein noodles. Grandma used to make it in the oven and now you can make it in half the time in your Instant Pot.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 (10.5 oz) can Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 (10.5 oz) can Campbell’s Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 ¼ cup parboiled rice or long grain white rice
- 1 ½ cups water
- 3 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 ½ cups chow mein noodles
- Diced green onions, for topping
- In a pan on the stove or in your Instant Pot on the sauté setting, brown the ground beef and sauté the onions. Add the mixture into a pan that fits inside your Instant Pot used for pot-in-pot cooking. Clean out bottom of Instant Pot (if you used it for browning the beef).
- Stir the cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, celery, water chestnuts, rice, water and soy sauce in with the beef.
- Pour 1 cup water into bottom of Instant Pot. Place filled pan on top of a trivet/sling and lower it into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 25 minutes. When time is up let the pressure release naturally for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove lid.
- Lift out the pan and stir. Sprinkle chow mein noodles on top. Scoop onto plates and serve topped with green onions.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Make in the 8 quart pot with no changes except adding 1.5 cups of water beneath trivet instead of 1 cup water.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot