Tender bites of beef with mushrooms served with a savory gravy. Serve over mashed potatoes, egg noodles or rice.
- 1 Tbsp butter
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ pound sliced mushrooms (I used white button mushrooms)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce (plus more for serving)
- 1 ½ pounds beef stew meat (or a chuck roast cut into cubes)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch + 3 Tbsp cold water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter and swirl it around until it is melted. Add in the onion and saute for about 2 minutes. Then add in the mushrooms and saute for about 3 minutes. Add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds.
- Deglaze the pot with the beef broth. Add in the Worcestershire sauce, stew meat and salt and pepper.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 30 minutes. When the time is up let the pot naturally release.
- Remove the lid. Turn the pot to the saute setting. Stir the cold water and cornstarch together in a small bowl until smooth. Add the mixture into the Instant Pot. The sauce will thicken quickly.
- Add extra Worcestershire sauce to taste. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the beef and gravy over mashed potatoes, egg noodles or rice.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
To make gluten free: use a gluten free Worcestershire sauce and beef broth.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American