Tender shredded beef with an easy homemade barbecue sauce served on a toasted bun. An easy and delicious dinner!
- 1 cup beef broth
- 3 pound beef chuck roast
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- Pour the beef broth into your Instant Pot. Place a trivet into the bottom of your Instant Pot.
- Cut your roast into 6 even pieces. Cut off excess fat. Place the roast pieces on top of trivet. Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper.
- Cover your Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 60 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for a full natural pressure release (mine took 20 minutes to release).
- While the meat is cooking make a barbecue sauce. In a small bowl stir together the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke.
- Once you are able, remove the lid. Use tongs to remove the meat and place it on a cutting board. Discard the liquid in the pot. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting and add in the barbecue sauce. Shred the meat and add it back into the pot and stir to coat the meat in the sauce.
- Serve the meat on toasted buns or rolls.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. You can also make this in an 8 quart pot. Use 2 cups of broth instead of 1. You can halve this recipe in your 3 quart pot. Halve all the ingredients except the broth.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American