A simple but delicious potato recipe with garlic, parsley, carrots and onion.
- 2 Tbsp vegetable, olive or canola oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 4 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4–1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Turn Instant Pot to the sauté setting. When the display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the onions and carrots. Sauté for about 4 minutes. Add in the garlic and parsley and sauté for 45 seconds. Cancel the sauté setting.
- Add in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot. Add in the potatoes.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When the time is up move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. Simmer without the lid for 10 minutes.
- Add plenty of salt and pepper to taste and stir in the smoked paprika.
- Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from “Basque Cooking and Lore” by Darcy Williamson.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. Make in the 8 or 3 quart pot with no changes.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot