Creamy, cheesy sliced ranch potatoes with only 6 ingredients!
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and sliced into quarter inch rounds
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 4 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3–4 Tbsp dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into bottom of Instant Pot. Add potatoes into a steamer basket. Drop the steamer basket into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes for al dente potatoes or 3 minutes for soft potatoes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid. Set aside steamer basket for later. Dump out the water in bottom of pot and dry out the pot.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting. When display says HOT add in the butter and let it melt. Add in the flour, a tablespoon at a time, stirring well with a whisk. Let the mixture get bubbly.
- Slowly add in milk, a little bit at a time, whisking as you go. Whisk in the ranch dressing mix. When the sauce gets thickened turn off the pot.
- Fold in the potatoes and cheese. Cheese will get melty. Keep the Instant Pot on keep warm setting until ready to serve.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot