An easy recipe that uses a cake mix. some ripe bananas and your electric pressure cooker. This steamed banana bread is very moist, the consistency is more like a bread pudding than bread.
- 11 ounces (311 grams) peeled and mashed bananas (about 3 small bananas)
- ⅓ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups (215 grams) spice cake mix (½ of one 15 ounce cake mix)
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (optional but highly recommended)
- In a bowl add the mashed bananas, oil and eggs. Stir until combined. Then stir in the cake mix. Mix until no white streaks remain. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a half-size bundt cake pan* with non-stick cooking spray. Scrape the batter into the pan. Smooth the top.
- Pour 1 ½ cups water into the bottom of your Instant Pot. To prevent drippage on top of the banana bread loosely cover the pan with foil. Make sure there is room for the cake to expand so make it dome-shaped. Place banana bread pan on top of trivet/sling and lower the trivet into the Instant Pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook time to 60 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up allow for a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- Remove the lid. Lift out the trivet and cake pan. Let the banana bread sit for 10 minutes and then run a knife around the edges of the bread to loosen it. Place a plate on top of the cake pan and then invert the pan and plate so that it falls out onto the plate.
- Eat and enjoy warm or cold. Store leftovers in an airtight container. This bread freezes well.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot