Disclosure: In exchange for an honest review, I received a Hamilton Beach Stand Mixer and Hand Mixer.
All opinions are 100% my own.
Today is a fun day! We will be giving away both the Hamilton Beach 6 Speed Stand Mixer and the Hamilton Beach 6 Speed Hand Mixer! Scroll down to the bottom of the post to enter the giveaway. I’ll also be sharing with you a video tutorial of one of my very favorite kitchen tips in the whole world–how to use your stand mixer to shred chicken (or beef or pork). But before that I’d like to give a little review of what I thought of both the hand mixer and stand mixer.
Review of the Hamilton Beach 6 Speed Soft Scrape Hand Mixer:
We had a lot of fun at my house getting ready for this review. It called for me making bread, brownies, and cookies–my specialty! In the photo above my daughter is mixing up a batch of triple chocolate Ghiradelli Brownies. She has recently really become a fan of making brownies. I let her do it as long as I can lick one of the beaters! I really enjoyed using the Hamilton Beach 6 Speed Soft Scrape Hand Mixer. These are some of my thoughts in list form (easier to read and easier for me to write)
- Because the beaters are “soft scrape” you don’t have to constantly stop and scrape the side of the bowl. The specially coated stainless steel won’t scratch your bowls or non stick pots either.
- And the most important part, for me, is that the beaters are dishwasher safe. Because you know even if they weren’t they’d get thrown in the dishwasher anyway! (I’m a lazy cook/cleaner, remember?)
- In addition to the beaters, the mixer also came with whisk attachments (for things like whipped cream).
- Both of the attachments fit nicely into a snap-on storage case–no more lost beaters.
- This seemed like a very powerful hand mixer (300 watts). One thing that I noticed that even the lowest setting was very fast…make sure to have a big enough bowl for whatever you’re mixing so that the batter doesn’t fly all over your kitchen!
|Some yummy chocolate chocolate chip-coconut-oatmeal-raisin cookies that I made! Recipe here…|
Review of the Hamilton Beach 6 Speed Stand Mixer
For this review I made bread, cookies and I used the stand mixer to shred chicken. I felt that the Hamilton Beach 6 Speed Stand Mixer was overall a good product. Some of the things I appreciated about this product were:
- Suction cups: the mixer has suction cups on the bottom to hold it in place. This comes in handy when I made bread and the mixer was kneading the dough for several minutes. The mixer stayed put and didn’t travel around the countertop.
- The mixer was much quieter than other mixers I’ve used in the past.
- The height of the mixer was perfect for storage on top of the counter but underneath the cabinets.
- The look and style of the mixer was sleek. I like the look of the black and stainless steel.
- The mixing action is the same as a KitchenAid stand mixer…the mixing action gives complete bowl coverage.
- There are 6 speeds from very slow to very fast. There was also a special “fold” setting for when you need to fold in those chocolate chips (or other things you may need to fold in…like what? I don’t know).
- There were three attachments included: dough hook, whisk and flat beater.One thing that gave me some pause on this product was that it didn’t seem like it could suit the needs of a commercial or bulk baker/chef. The bowl is 3.5 quarts–big enough for a batch of cookies but probably not big enough for 4 loaves of bread. And that being said, the motor is 300 watts which is similar to some KitchenAid stand mixers but not the commercial grade one. If you need a stand mixer to do heavy duty stuff (knead several loaves of bread or make a triple batch of cookies) this mixer would probably not be the one to pick. If you want a stand mixer that can whip up a batch of cookies or banana bread this would be a great choice. It’s significantly lower in price than the competitors–retailing for $129.99.
|Hamilton Beach 6 Speed Stand Mixer|
How to use your stand mixer to shred meat:
Okay so now for my special kitchen tip! I love using my stand mixer to shred chicken (or beef or pork). It makes the process to quick and easy. Here is my very favorite recipe for shredded chicken...it is so flavorful and delicious! Here is a very short video that shows what to do!
Enter to win the Hamilton Beach 6 Speed Soft Scrap Hand Mixer and 6 Speed Stand Mixer:
(U.S. residents only, please)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
P.S. Make sure to follow me on instagram for a behind the scenes look at what I’m cooking up each day!
Pamela D. Simmons says
Hey Karen, i love all your recipes. Those are so delicious. Sometimes I wish I could be so creative when cooking. We get tired of the same meals. It’s nice to have something new thrown into the week meals. i didn’t try it before. But it looks perfect.i want to make that.thanks for sharing this.your tips will help me to make that perfectly. Keep sharing this type of recipes.. 🙂
Thomas Murphy says
I like to make cakes.
cakes and brownies
Amanda Sinclair says
Cookies and brownies!
Michelle M says
I love baking anything…but cake and cookies are my favorite. I think a stand mixer would make life easier though.
Thanks for the fun giveaway!
I love to bake with the mixer, it makes everything so much easier.
I love making cookies!!
Amanda Sakovitz says
I love to make cookies.
Cookies, cakes, icing–anything sweet!
Ricks Barngrill says
cookies, cookies, cookies. Would be great to win the mixer as mine cratered a week ago!
I don't have a mixer, but I would love to use it to make cookies!
I love to make homemade whipped cream with my hand mixer!
steve weber says
muffins, cookies, brownies
Lisa Brown says
I like making cookie dough with a mixer
I never knew you could shred chicken with a mixer.
Miranda Benson says
I read the tip about using the stand mixer on another site a couple of months ago and I love it! I do it all the time. If you want smaller pieces, you can use the paddle as well.
I've never tried shredding chicken with a mixer. Sounds great!
Cookies and brownies!
My mixer is most commonly used to make "Monster" cookies and to shred meat.
Beulah Starr says
I have a Hamilton Beach hand mixer about 15 years old and use it for everything, it has been an amazing mixer but a stand mixer has always been my dream!
Joan Oscarson says
Cookies, cupcakes and homemade bread.
Kristen Evenson says
This is a great idea! Thanks for this tip and the many other ideas I've used.
Pam Gurganus says
Unfortunately, I don't have a stand or hand mixer! 🙁
Ashley Beerbroer says
I have yet to purchase a mixer since I moved out on my own, but when I was a kid I loved using the mixer for whipped cream, mashed potatoes, and of course cookies!
I would love a stand mixer, as well. I love the idea of shredding my chicken. It always takes so long to do by hand! But cupcakes and cookies would also be on the list. 🙂
Vickey White says
My family loves when I bake sugar cookies at every holiday! I have a huge collection of cookie cutters and when I bake I get lots of "helpers" to decorate and then give them to family and friends.
The Mommy Medic says
I don't have a stand mixer. It's on my dream wish list.
I would make bread, pasta, cakes…you name it. 🙂
I love baking cookies
anything and everything mixable…cupcakes are the top # 1 favorite.
Jamie Sherman says
Cake is my favorite thing to make! Thanks for the opportunity!