You’ll love this Instant Pot cauliflower rice stir fry recipe so much you’ll be saying “get in my belly!” It’s got smoked sausage, cabbage, mixed veggies and soy sauce. It’s a healthy and delicious dinner.
- 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped (about 3–4 cups)
- 1 (12 oz) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (13 oz) package turkey smoked sausage, sliced into quarter inch rounds
- 2 (16 oz) packages frozen cauliflower rice
- 3 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce (plus more to taste)
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp seasoned rice vinegar
- Take frozen cauliflower out of freezer and let it sit on counter to thaw out a bit while doing step 1 and 2. Pour 1 ½ cups of water into bottom of Instant Pot. Add the cabbage and frozen mixed vegetables into a steamer basket*. Lower the basket into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 0 (zero) minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Remove the steamer basket and set aside. Discard the water and dry out the pot. Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting and heat up. When display says HOT add in 1 Tbsp of canola/vegetable oil. Add in the sausage and toss to brown for 2 minutes. Add in 2 remaining tablespoons of oil and then add in the cauliflower and toss well and heat through.
- In a small bowl whisk together the soy sauce, ginger, garlic powder, sesame oil and vinegar. Pour the mixture into the Instant Pot and toss well.
- Stir in the cabbage and mixed vegetables. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Taste test and add more soy sauce to taste. Serve and enjoy!
If you want to make this recipe with regular white rice you totally can! Just use cold leftover rice instead of frozen cauliflower rice. You’ll probably want 4-5 cups of cooked rice.
- Category: Sausage
- Method: Instant Pot