- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp ground marjoram
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 (28 oz) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1. In a microwave safe bowl add the onions, garlic, oil, basil, oregano, rosemary, marjoram, thyme and crushed red pepper. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring every 90 seconds. Add mixture to the slow cooker.
2. Add in sugar, crushed tomatoes, bay leaf, kosher salt, tomato paste and chicken broth. Stir.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 8-12 hours or on HIGH for 4-6 hours.
4. Add in red wine vinegar and stir. Add extra seasonings to taste. Serve with pasta. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Ideal slow cooker size: 5-6 quart