- 1 pound ground sausage (you can use plain sausage or Italian sausage)
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ pounds refrigerated tortellini (I got mine from Costco)
- 1 (24 oz) jar/can of favorite pasta sauce
- 1 cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground sausage and break it up. Brown the sausage for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease. (I ended up using a colander for this and then added sausage back into bottom of pot).
- Pour the water into the pot and scrape the bottom of the pot until it is clean. Pour the tortellini into the pot on top of the meat in an even layer. Pour the pasta sauce evenly over the top of the tortellini. Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 0 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit there for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the three cheeses. Scoop onto serving plates and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian