4 ingredient chicken and pasta with basil pesto sauce. Start with frozen chicken breasts and a few minutes later you’ll have an amazing dinner in front of you.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (2 chicken breasts), I used frozen
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) Barilla cellentani pasta
- 1 cup basil pesto sauce (I use the Kirkland signature brand from Costco)
- Pour chicken broth into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Place chicken in bottom of pot in a single layer. Salt and pepper the chicken lightly.
- Pour the uncooked pasta into a pan* that fits inside your Instant Pot (I used this one). Cover the pasta with water. About 3 1/2-4 cups of water worked for me. Carefully place the pan on top of the chicken. You can use a foil sling (or one made with a silicone baking mat) to lower the pan on top of chicken.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 10 minutes from thawed chicken or 12 minutes for frozen chicken. When the time is up let the pot sit there for 10-15 more minutes before moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Carefully, with hot pads, remove the pasta pan. Drain off excess water but save a quarter cup of the water to help the pesto stick to the pasta better.
- Discard the broth. Cut the chicken into pieces. Stir the chicken and pasta together in the Instant Pot and add in the quarter cup drained water and the pesto sauce. Coat the chicken and pasta with the sauce. Scoop onto serving dishes and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
To make gluten free: Check your broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. Replace noodles with gluten-free noodles and reduce the cook time by 1 minute.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 495
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 460 mg
- Fat: 25 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Protein: 34 g
Keywords: chicken, pasta, instant pot recipe