3 oz cream cheese, cubed
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 (8.2 oz) packages chocolate chip muffin mix
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup water
1. In small microwave safe bowl, combine cream cheese and milk. Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute; remove and stir. Continue microwaving for 30 second intervals until cream cheese melts; stir with wire whisk to blend.
2. Place in large bowl; stir in sour cream, cocoa powder, and egg. Mix well. Add both packages muffin mix and stir just until combined.
3. Spray a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker with nonstick baking spray containing flour. Spread batter evenly in slow cooker.
4. In small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, ice cream topping, and water; heat to boiling, stirring until blended. Carefully pour over batter in slow cooker.
5. Cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Uncover, turn off slow cooker, top loosely with foil, and let stand for 30 minutes.
6. Gently run a sharp knife around the edges of the cake and invert over serving plate until cake drops out. If any sauce remains in slow cooker, spoon over cake. Cool for 30-45 mintues before serving.
The picture does not do this dessert justice. After I flipped it over onto an oval plate the yummy caramel sauce ran over it. I loved this cake. It was awesome! I brought it to dinner at my in-laws and everybody loved it. Serve it with ice cream. 5 stars.