3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Turkey Breast and Gravy: This slow cooker turkey breast is so super easy to make (it only has 3 ingredients) and turns out moist and flavorful every time. My favorite part of making turkey is the leftovers! I love being able to make turkey sandwiches for kids’ lunches and turkey tetrazzini or creamy turkey wild rice soup for dinner in the following days.
3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Turkey Breast and Gravy
Hey! Back to school is upon us and that means back to schedules and back to family dinners. One of my favorite ways to get dinner on the table is to make a turkey breast (in the slow cooker, of course) and then use the turkey breast in other meals the same week or save the leftovers in the freezer for future meals. By cooking in this way I really can optimize my limited time and spend more time with my family.
I know some of you are nervous to make a turkey. You think it’s a big deal and that it’s something only done by grandma on Thanksgiving. Let me tell you folks, it’s not hard at all! It’s really easy and when you make it in the slow cooker it turns out so moist and tender. Let me walk you through the steps:
1. Buy a bone-in turkey breast (don’t be intimidated by the bone, it adds tons of flavor) at your local grocer. You’ll also need 3 tablespoons of butter and a packet of onion soup mix.
2. The turkey breast should be thawed. Using kitchen shears, cut off any excess skin, but leave the skin on the breast.
3. Rub the onion soup mix all over the turkey breast. Place the turkey (breast side down) in the large slow cooker. Put the butter in the bottom of the slow cooker.
4. Cover the slow cooker and turn it to low. Let it cook for about 7 hours on low. Cooking the turkey low and slow is the best option for taste and tenderness.
5. To check for doneness, use a meat thermometer. Make sure the middle of the turkey breast reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the turkey from the slow cooker and let it rest on a large cutting board or platter. I like to tent mine with foil and let it rest for about 10 minutes. While the turkey is resting I use the drippings in the bottom of the slow cooker to make gravy. To make the turkey even healthier, I remove the skin. If you like the skin you can put the turkey under a broiler for a couple of minutes to crisp it up.
Other Slow Cooker Turkey Recipes:
I love using ground turkey and turkey sausage and whole turkeys in my cooking. It is such a healthy option and also it’s much cheaper in most cases. Check out all my turkey recipes here.
Chipotle Turkey Salad Sandwiches from Simply Recipes
Turkey Enchiladas from Gimme Some Oven
Turkey, Bacon Lattice and Havarti Panini from Panini Happy
Turkey and Corn Chowder from Cookin’ Canuck
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up here.
This slow cooker turkey breast is so super easy to make (it only has 3 ingredients) and turns out moist and flavorful every time.
- 1 (6 pound) bone-in turkey breast
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- (or you can make your own)
- 3 Tbsp Butter
For the gravy:
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp water
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse the turkey breast and pat dry with paper towels.
- Use kitchen shears to cut off any excess skin, but leave the skin covering the breast.
- Rub onion soup mix all over outside of the turkey and under the skin. Place butter in bottom of slow cooker. Then place turkey breast in slow cooker* with the breast side down.
- Cover, and cook on low for 7 hours or until turkey breast comes to a temperature of 165 degrees. When turkey is done take it out and set it on a platter. Use foil to loosely tent the turkey and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- While it is sitting use the drippings in the slow-cooker to make gravy. Pour the juices in the bottom of the slow cooker through a mesh strainer and into a saucepan. In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and the water until smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan with the drippings. Whisk over medium high heat. Gravy will thicken in about 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the turkey breast and serve with gravy.
*I used my 6 quart oval slow cooker for this recipe.