Makes 4-6 servings
2-3 lbs pork roast (picnic, shoulder, butt, boston cuts work the best)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 onion, sliced
1 (6 oz) can of root beer
1/4 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp quick cooking tapioca
1. Sprinkle pork with garlic salt and pepper.
2. Place onions in bottom of 3-quart slow cooker. Top with pork.
3. Combine remaining ingredients in small bowl and stir with wire whisk until blended. Pour into slow cooker.
4. Cover and cook on LOW 8-9 hours or until pork is tender. Remove pork and place on cutting board. Shred it.
5. Drain the juices and onions from the slow cooker. Discard the onions. Reserve the juices.
6. Place pork back into the slow cooker add as much juices that you desired back into the pork. Season to taste.
7. Serve in tortillas or on toasted buns.