1 cup flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
3/4 cup water
1 tsp grated orange peel
3/4 cup sugar
whipped topping, or ice cream, optional
1. Combine flour, 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
2. Combine eggs, milk, and oil. Stir into dry ingredients until moistened.
3. Spread the batter evenly over bottom of greased 5-quart slow cooker (I used my 3 quart slow cooker)
4. In saucepan, combine berries, water, orange peel, and 3/4 cup sugar. Bring to boil. Remove from heat and pour over batter. Cover.
5. Cook on high 2-2 1/2 hours, or until toothpick inserted into batter comes out clean. Turn off cooker.
6. Uncover and let stand 30 minutes before serving. Spoon from cooker and serve with whipped topping or ice cream, if desired.
This recipe originally had 2 cups of blackberries and 2 cups blueberries. Instead, I used 4 cups blueberries. I was excited to eat this. It looked like a big blueberry muffin. I was quite disappointed and was sad that I used 4 cups of my delicious, fresh blueberries on a very average dessert. Wah! I wish that I would have used a recipe more like the cherry delight. I give this recipe 2 1/2 stars.
Recipe Source: Adapted from the Fix It and Forget It Cookbook