Makes 8 dozen
12 oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 1 oz squares unsweetened baking chocolate shaved (I used 6 tbsp cocoa powder and 2 tbsp oil)
2 14 oz cans sweetened condensed milk
3 3/4 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1. Place chocolate in slow cooker.
2. Cover. Cook on high 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Continue to cook on low heat, stirring every 15 minutes or until chocolate is melted (about 30 minutes).
3. Stir milk into melted chocolate.
4. Add 3 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1 cup at a time, stirring after each addition.
5. Stir in nuts. Mixture should be thick but not stiff.
6. Stir in remaining graham crack crumbs to reach consistency of cookie dough.
7. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets. Keep remaining mixture warm by covering and turning the slow cooker to warm.
8. Bake at 325 for 7-9 minutes, or until tops of cookies begin to crack. Remove from oven. Cool 1-2 minutes before transferring to waxed paper.
Note: These cookies freeze well.
These fudge-like cookies are delicious! I loved the consistency and they were gone within a few days. Is that bad or good? Bad for the waistline, I guess. I’ll be making these again for sure. 4 stars.
Recipe Source: Fix It and Forget It Recipes for Entertaining