Today I’m sharing a one pot meal that is a twist on a favorite meal of mine when I was growing up–beef stroganoff. My mom would always make ground beef stroganoff on those nights when she needed something really easy and simple to throw together. This recipe however is Chicken Cordon Bleu Stroganoff. We swapped out the beef for chicken and added in ham and swiss cheese to give it that favorite flavor we all love. BUT get this…it’s just as easy to make (less than 30 minutes) as the original beef stroganoff only it has a fresh new flavor. Greg and I kept sneaking bites of this and I could barely take pictures of it before it was gone!
One Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu Stroganoff
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings 1x
- 1 1/2 tsp canola oil
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 carton of Campbell’s Savory Portobello Mushroom Soup
- 4 cups eggs noodles (I used whole wheat)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked chicken (I used this or you can use rotisserie chicken)
- 3/4 cup cooked cubed ham
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or Greek yogurt)
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. When oil is heated, add in sliced mushrooms. Let them brown for about 5 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Add in onion powder, garlic powder, Savory Portobello Mushroom Soup, egg noodles and chicken broth. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 10-12 minutes, or until noodles are tender. 3. In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream and flour. Add the sour cream mixture, chicken, ham, and 1/4 cup Swiss cheese into the skillet and stir until cheese is melty.
- Salt and pepper to taste(I added in about 1/4 tsp salt and pepper).
- Scoop onto serving plates and top each serving with additional Swiss cheese.
I noticed that this soup is no longer available. Is there an alternative I could use?
[email protected] says
Heather, you could just use regular cream of mushroom soup!
How many ounces? What size was the carton? 14 oz?
Yep it was the 14 oz carton!