- 12 oz ground sausage
- 1 1/2 cups Minute® Brown Rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups salsa (homemade* or jarred salsa)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar (I like medium or sharp)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crunched up
*Blender Salsa Recipe:
Makes about 2 1/2 cups salsa
- 1 lb roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup diced white onions
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 diced jalapeno
- 1/3 cup cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- In a skillet over medium high heat, brown the sausage well. Drain off any grease.
- Add in the rice, water and salsa. Bring to a simmer. Once it’s simmering, reduce the heat to low-medium. Cover the pan and cook for 18 minutes.
- Remove the lid, stir a bit. Sprinkle with cheese and cover for about 1 minute or until cheese gets melty.
- Sprinkle the diced avocados and crunched up chips over the top. Serve immediately. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
- Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and pulse until it gets to the desired consistency.