If you want something better than plain mashed potatoes try this amazing potato dish that you can make in your Instant Pot in a hurry.
- 24 ounces Russet potatoes (about 5 medium-small potatoes)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- Peel and cube the potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Place into a steamer basket.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into bottom of Instant Pot. Drop the steamer basket into the pot. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 8 minutes. When time is up move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Discard the liquid in the Instant Pot. Pour the potatoes into the bottom of the Instant Pot liner. Add in the butter and let it melt in the hot potatoes. Mash the potatoes. Stir in the sour cream, cream cheese, milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spread the potatoes out evenly and sprinkle with the smoked paprika.
- You can serve immediately or you can get a “baked” casserole taste by placing the air fryer lid on top and baking at 350 for 10 minutes.
This recipe is easy to double for a crowd. Just double all the ingredients (still only 1.5 cups water underneath steamer basket) and keep the cooking time the same.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot/Air fryer lid