This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Mondelez International Group. All opinions are entirely my own.
Avocado Egg Salad RITZ Cracker Snacks—smashed avocado is mixed with hard boiled eggs, chopped tomatillos, creamy Greek yogurt and cilantro and then slathered on top of a RITZ Cracker for a perfect snack or appetizer.
A while ago I discovered avocado deviled eggs. I think they taste amazing but I’m not always in the mood to take the time to assemble deviled eggs. Enter a new idea–Avocado Egg Salad. Yes! It’s a better-for-you version of egg salad because it uses Greek yogurt and avocado in the place of mayo. It’s truly so flavorful and filling that I could eat it every day for breakfast or lunch.
You know what’s even more fun? To top a RITZ Cracker with the avocado egg salad mixture. It’s a perfect little snack for hungry kids when they get home from school. My kids are totally addicted to these! I just make the egg salad mixture and store it in an airtight container and then my kids can grab a RITZ Cracker and top it with the egg salad anytime they are hungry. Win for me because I don’t have to help them and win for them because they get an awesome snack.
I shopped for my RITZ Crackers at my local Smith’s (Kroger banner) store. I love Kroger stores because they always have great prices and the sales are amazing. My local Smith’s is perfect because I can always find what I need but it’s not an overwhelmingly large store. I can get in and out of there in just a few minutes. I also feel like I’m sort of friends with the cashiers since I see them on an average of 3 times per week. Just the reality of my job (and lack of planning!).
Get creative with RITZ Crackers this week! There are so many fun ways to use these buttery, crispy crackers in everyday life. Visit your local Kroger, Smith’s, Fred Meyer or Food 4 Less to find RITZ crackers. Here are some of my favorite recipes that use RITZ crackers: www.FamilyRITZpiration.comPrint
- 1 large tomatillo
- 5 hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 ½ tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 (10.3 oz.) box of RITZ Original Crackers
- Remove the husk from the tomatillo and wash until sticky residue is removed. Dice the tomatillo very finely. Place in medium size bowl.
- Chop the hard boiled eggs and add to the bowl. Cut open the avocado and scoop out the flesh. Smash the avocado with a fork and add to the bowl.
- Add salt, pepper, cilantro, Greek yogurt and lime juice to the bowl. Gently fold the mixture until it is well combined.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of the egg mixture and place it on top of a RITZ cracker. If desired top each cracker with extra cilantro as a garnish.