An easy Instant Pot one pot meal of cabbage and bratwurst that is very simple but tasty.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 5 bratwurst sausages (this was a 16 ounce package), cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 medium potato, washed and cut into cubes
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the oil and the brats. Brown for a couple minutes. Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off sauté setting.
- Add in the onion, potato and cabbage.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the apple, vinegar, salt and pepper. Taste test and add season to taste.
- Category: Sausage
- Method: Instant Pot