A colorful rice dish with beef smoked sausage, celery, green pepper, tomatoes and garlic. You’re going to love how flavorful and how easy this dinner is to make.
- 2 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (12 oz) package beef smoked sausage, sliced into quarter inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups converted/parboiled rice (or long grain white)
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced or crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 of a green bell pepper, diced
- Heat Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the oil and swirl it around. Add in the celery and onion and sauté for about 4 minutes. Then add in the sausage and and garlic and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn sauté setting off.
- Sprinkle in the rice, cajun seasoning, red pepper, worcestershire, tabasco. Dump the tomatoes and green pepper on top. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir well. Season to taste and serve.
If you like heat then add in extra crushed red pepper and tabasco sauce.
To give it more of a cowboy flare add in a can of pinto beans when you add in the tomatoes.
- Category: Sausage
- Method: Instant Pot