- 1 lb ground beef (80/20)
- 1 lb yellow potatoes (about 3 medium potatoes), cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, grated or finely diced
- 1 celery rib, finely diced
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup Sargento® Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 cup Sargento® Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Diced pickles and tomatoes for garnish
- Brown your ground beef on the stove stop and then drain off excess grease. Add it to the slow cooker.
- Add in potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, salt, pepper, parsley, basil, garlic powder, chicken broth and evaporated milk.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 hours or on low for about 5-6 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove the lid and add in both cheeses. Stir.
- In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and 2 Tbsp of water. Stir together until smooth. Stir into the slow cooker.
- Turn the slow cooker to high and cook for another 15 minutes, or until soup thickens from the cornstarch.
- Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with tomatoes and pickles.
The ideal slow cooker size for this recipe is 5-6 quart.