15 Bean Salad –a variety of dried beans are cooked in your electric pressure cooker or slow cooker and then stirred together with a red wine vinaigrette dressing, red bell pepper, feta cheese and cilantro. This salad serves a crowd and is perfect for a potluck or picnic. Big thanks to Hurst’s Beans for sponsoring this post.
15 Bean Salad
I usually make soup out of Hurst’s 15 Bean Soup mix but it’s getting hotter here and soup season is drawing to a close. Last week it actually got up to 82 degrees or something crazy like that. It reminded me of summer. This 15 Bean Salad also reminds me of summer. It’s totally something that I’d bring to a potluck picnic at the park or an outdoor barbecue.
You can cook the dried beans in your slow cooker, Instant Pot or even on your stove. Then you just stir in an easy-to-make homemade salad dressing, some feta cheese, diced red bell pepper and some chopped cilantro. It’s simple to put together, tastes great and serves a crowd.
I love using Hurst’s products in the Instant Pot and the crockpot. There are so many options to choose from. My personal favorites are the 15 bean soup mix and the bacon and beans soup mix. The flavorings are spot on and they require very few ingredients. Look in the dried beans aisle at your grocery store to find them.
More recipes you’ll love
Some of my favorite recipes using Hurst’s 15 Bean Soup mix are:
Plus there’s always good recipe inspiration on Hurst’s Beans facebook page
A variety of dried beans are cooked in your electric pressure cooker or slow cooker and then stirred together with a red wine vinaigrette dressing, red bell pepper, feta cheese and cilantro. This salad serves a crowd and is perfect for a potluck or picnic.
- 1 (20 oz) package Hurst’s 15 Bean Soup
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 6 cups water
- Seasoning packet
- Soaked beans
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
For the salad:
- 1 diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Salt and pepper
- Soak the beans: Dump the beans into a large bowl. Fill the bowl with water to cover the beans by at least a couple inches. Add in 1 Tbsp salt. Let the beans soak overnight for about 8-12 hours.
- Rinse and cook: Pour the beans into a colander and rinse the beans thoroughly with cold water. Add the beans to a slow cooker or an Instant Pot. Add in 6 cups of water and the seasoning packet that came with the beans. Slow cook the beans for about 8 hours on low, or until beans are soft. Or pressure cook the beans by hitting the manual/pressure cook button on your Instant Pot and setting the timer for 15 minutes (high pressure). Make sure the valve is on sealing. Once the time is up release the pressure by moving valve to venting.
- Make the dressing: Rinse the beans once again in the colander with cold water. Prepare the dressing by mixing together vinegar, olive oil, garlic, sugar and lime juice.
- Prepare the salad: Toss the drained beans, dressing, red pepper, cilantro and feta into a large serving bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. (I added in quite a bit of kosher salt).
- Refrigerate the salad until the beans are cool and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to a week in the fridge.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for 15 Bean Salad? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.