Makes 8-10 servings
2-3 lbs of pork roast (shoulder, picnic, butt, or boston cuts work well), trimmed of excess fat
1 cup water
1/2 tsp Shirley J chicken bouillon or 1 tsp regular chicken bouillon granules
1 onion, cut into large chunky slices
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
1. Place roast in the bottom of slow cooker. Pour in water and bouillon. Place onions around the roast.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 7-10 hours (depending how hot your slow cooker cooks)...it should be very tender and easy to shred.
3. Drain juices and discard onions.
4. Shred the meat.
5. Combine the soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic, brown sugar and oyster sauce. Pour over the shredded meat and stir.
6. Let cook of another 30 minutes or so, until flavors are blended. Serve over hot cooked rice or ramen noodles.
I liked this chicken recipe so much I copied the sauce and used it for pork instead. Turned out great and everyone loved it. This is great to feed a crowd and couldn't get much easier. 4 stars.