|Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Sandwiches|
1 Whole Gold'n Plump chicken
6 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 cup diced onions
1/2 tsp Shirley J Chicken Bouillon
1 cup water
2 bay leaves
Salt and Pepper
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup Shirley J BBQ Mix
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
Buns or rolls
1. Place garlic, onions, 1 cup water, bouillon and bay leaves in slow cooker.
2. Place chicken, breast side down, in slow cooker. Salt and pepper the chicken liberally.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours, or until chicken is tender and falling off the bone.
4. Remove chicken and place on plate. Discard cooking liquid. Remove skin from chicken and discard. Tear off meat from the chicken and place in slow cooker.
5. Combine 1/2 cup boiling water with BBQ mix and stir until smooth. Stir in the vinegar and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over shredded chicken in the slow cooker. Season with garlic salt and garlic powder to taste.
6. Serve chicken on top of toasted buns.
For as many ingredients and steps as I listed above, this recipe is really actually very simple. Cooking the chicken in a little bit of bouillon, onions and garlic flavors it nicely. You could definitely just serve the chicken like that. However, I decided to make the chicken into BBQ sandwiches. The Shirley J BBQ mix is perfect because it is a dry powder and you just add water and voila! you have BBQ sauce. Stores great in the pantry. This is a great recipe to feed a crowd. If you didn't want to have to deal with all the bones, I would use boneless, skinless thighs. I give this recipe 4 stars. Make sure to check out my next post on how you can win Gold'n Plump chicken and Shirley J BBQ sauce!!!