2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (frozen is fine)
2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup salsa
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 tsp lime juice
2 garlic cloves
1 (10 3/4 oz) can Campbells Fiesta Nacho Cheese Soup
1/2 cup chopped red pepper (optional)
1 tsp cumin
1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, or as much as desired
1 cup frozen corn
1 (14 oz) can black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
Salt and pepper
Tortilla chips, grated cheese, and sour cream
1. Place chicken, broth, salsa, tomatoes, lime juice, garlic, soup, red pepper, cumin and green chilies in slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
3. Add in cilantro, corn and beans. Salt and pepper to taste. Add in more cumin to taste, if needed.
4. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
5. Serve with chips, cheese and sour cream.
Makes 6 servings
Campbell's soups were on sale at the grocery store this week. I stocked up and tried some new flavors including this nacho cheese soup. It added a creaminess and cheesiness to this yummy soup. This is very similar to the creamy tortilla soup and both are very very good and very very easy. WIN WIN!! 5 stars.