2 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 oz frozen corn
1/2 envelope taco seasoning
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
12 oz pace picante sauce or salsa
4 oz diced green chilies (not drained)
chopped fresh cilantro, to taste
1. Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Put corn in bottom of slow cooker.
2. Place chicken on top of corn. Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning.
3. Pour in salsa. Add green chilies and pour beans over salsa.
4. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
5. Stir mixture and break apart chicken so it is shredded. Add cilantro.
This recipe was sent in by blog reader, Nicole Holley. I changed it just a bit to fit my liking. I really enjoy this type of dish and it reminded me a lot of the taco soup and the creamy black bean salsa chicken. It got quite runny, so I just used a slotted spoon and served it over baked tortillas. I suppose you could also serve it as a chunky soup. 4 stars. Thanks Nicole!
Recipe Source: Blog reader, Nicole Holley