An Instant Pot pasta with lemon slices, parmesan cheese and brown butter. It’s a simple and bright dish that will help you feel more springy!
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces rigatoni pasta
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Half of one lemon, very thinly sliced into rounds and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Fresh ground pepper
- Kosher salt
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the pasta. Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 1 minute. When time it up move valve to venting. If foam starts escaping the valve then turn it back to sealing and wait 20 seconds before trying to release the pressure. Remove the lid.
- Dump the pasta and any remaining broth into a bowl. Set aside. Dry out the Instant Pot.
- Turn Instant Pot to saute setting (“normal” setting). When display says HOT add 2 tablespoons of the butter and let it melt. Add in the lemon slices and cook, stirring often. Cook until the bottom of the pot is browned in spots (about 5 minutes). Move 1/3 of the lemon slices to a plate.
- Add ¾ cups of the pasta liquid into the Instant Pot. Cut remaining 2 tablespoons of the butter into 4 pieces. Add one piece at a time and stir until it melts.
- Use a slotted spoon to scoop the pasta into the Instant Pot. Sprinkle the parmesan into the pot, a little at a time until melted. If needed to thin out, add more of the pasta water.
- Turn off Instant Pot. Add kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Serve pasta and top with reserved lemon rounds and extra parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot