1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (I grind soft white wheat and it works very well for baking)
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 3/4 cups quick oats
2 cups chocolate chips (I like the dark chocolate chips the best)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Sift flour, sugar, baking soda and salt together in large bowl.
3. Mix in the peanut butter, bananas and egg until incorporated.
4. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.
5. Spoon onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Do you think my title for these cookies could get any longer? I know this isn’t a slow cooker recipe but I wanted to share, anyhow. It’s baking season and it’s going to kill me because I just want to eat and bake all day long!
This is a great cookie that is on the healthier side. Moist and chewy. Also, a great way to use ripe bananas in a different way than just bread. 4 stars.