4-5 boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/2 tsp Shirley J chicken bouillon or 1 tsp regular bouillon granules
1 cup hot water
1 cup picante sauce or salsa
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 tsp lime juice
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1 (4 oz) can green chiles
1 cup frozen corn
1 (14 oz) can black beans (optional)
1/2 cup Shirley J White Cheddar sauce
1 1/2 cups cold water
Salt and pepper and cumin to taste
1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
1. Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Top the chicken with the chicken bouillon and hot water, salsa, tomatoes, lime juice, garlic powder, cumin and green chiles.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours. Remove chicken and shred or cut into bite-size pieces and then add back into the slow cooker.
3. Combine Shirley J White Cheddar sauce and cold water in a saucepan. Whisk until smooth. Bring to a simmer and simmer for about 10 minutes, until thick. Add the sauce into the slow cooker and stir in.
4. Add in the corn, black beans, cilantro and then salt and pepper to taste. Add more cumin, if needed.
5. Serve topped with grated cheese and tortilla chips, if desired.
Soup season! Yay! There are so many great soups that I’ve done in the slow cooker. This is a great one to add to the list. Creamy and flavorful. It reminded me of this one that I love. 4 stars. Thanks Shirley J, love your products!