Penne pasta with red sauce, Italian sausage, pepperoni, olives and mozzarella cheese. Make this fast and easy casserole in your Instant Pot or in the oven.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups beef broth
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 (25 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (2.25 oz) can sliced olives, drained
- 2 oz (about a half cup) sliced pepperonis
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2–3 cups coarsely chopped spinach (frozen is okay)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the sausage and break it up. Add in the onions. Brown sausage for about 5 minutes. If there is excess grease drain it off.
- Pour in the broth and scrape bottom of pot so that nothing is sticking. Turn off saute setting.
- Sprinkle in the penne pasta evenly. Dump spaghetti sauce, olives, pepperoni, garlic powder and Italian seasoning on top. Do not stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes. Move valve to venting and remove lid.
- Stir well. Stir in the cheeses and spinach.
- Scoop onto plates and serve.
Overnight Oven Instructions:
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add in the sausage and onions and brown for about 5-10 minutes. Drain excess grease.
- In a 9×13 inch pan mix broth, spaghetti sauce, sausage, uncooked pasta, olives, pepperoni, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake heat oven to 350 degrees F. Stir casserole and recover with foil. Bake 60-75 minutes or until bubbly.
- Uncover and stir. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 5 more minutes. Serve and enjoy.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot