Chicken parmesan meets stuffed shells! Tender chicken, rich marinara sauce, melted cheese, and the chewiness of jumbo pasta shells come together in a comforting, filling meal.
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 1 (12 oz) box jumbo pasta shells
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 cups cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 3 cups marinara sauce
- Add chicken tenderloins and water into bottom of Instant Pot. Carefully add the pasta shells into the pot on top of the chicken.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 0 (zero) minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to move shells to a plate. Use tong to move the chicken to a cutting board. Discard remaining water.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Chop the chicken. Stir chicken, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder, breadcrumbs, cottage cheese, 1 cup of mozzarella, parmesan cheese, milk and parsley together in a medium size bowl.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish spread 1 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of the pan. Stuff each shell with about 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture and place in the bottom of the baking dish. Repeat until all shells and filling have been used. Some shells will need to be placed on top of others.
- Spoon the remaining 2 cups of sauce on top of the shells. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top. Cover the pan with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
You don’t have to use your Instant Pot for this recipe. Boil pasta until al dente on stovetop according to package directions. Boil chicken or cook it in a pan until cooked through. Then follow recipe starting with step 4.
You can cook this in the slow cooker, if you’d like. Starting with step 5 use a 6-8 quart oval crockpot instead of the baking dish. Then cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4 hours.
- Category: Pasta