Texas King Ranch Chicken Casserole has the flavors from king ranch chicken but it’s got a few twists from the original recipe. This version has chicken, rice, rotel, sour cream and cream of chicken soup with lots of cheese on top.
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked converted or long grain rice
- 12 ounces chicken tenderloins (or breasts or thighs cut into the size of tenders)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dehydrated onions
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 oz) can Rotel
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Sprinkle the rice into the pot. Place chicken on top. Sprinkle the chicken with chili powder, cumin, onions and salt.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Move chicken to a cutting board and shred.
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the rice into a 9×9 inch square baking dish. Top the rice with chicken. Evenly spread the Rotel over the top. In a mixing bowl stir together the sour cream and cream of chicken soup. Spread the mixture over the top of the Rotel. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot and Oven