Tennessee Hashbrown Casserole has cheddar, hashbrowns, peppers, sausage and a creamy sauce. It’s the ultimate hashbrown casserole!
- 1 (30 oz) bag frozen hashbrowns
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (1 oz) package onion soup mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Microwave the hashbrowns for 1 minute (I just kept them in the bag). Set aside.
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the sausage and break it up. Add in the onions and pepper. Brown the sausage for about 5 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Stir in the hashbrowns, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and onion soup mix. Hashbrowns should be well coated.
- Spread the mixture into a 9×13 inch pan. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover the pan with foil. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Remove the foil and let bake for 10 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Instead of using the oven you can finish off the dish with your slow cooker setting on the Instant Pot. Don’t add cheese yet. Cover and cook on the slow cooker “more” setting for 1-2 hours. Sprinkle the cheese on top and let melt. Serve and enjoy!
- Method: Instant Pot and Oven