Tender chicken bathed in a sweet and slightly spicy sauce with lots of flavor!
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (use 1/2 cup of broth for frozen chicken and 3/4 cup for fresh chicken)
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat (frozen is fine)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Pour broth and vinegar into Instant Pot. Add chicken into bottom of pot. Sprinkle the chicken with red pepper flakes and garlic salt. Add in some fresh cracked pepper to taste. Pour the BBQ sauce over the top of the chicken (try to keep it off the bottom of the pot). Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 12 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting and remove the lid.
- Move the pieces of chicken to a plate. Turn Instant Pot to saute setting (MORE) and let the sauce reduce for 10 minutes. It will get thicker and more flavorful if you reduce it for the full 10 minutes.
- When the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon turn off the Instant Pot. Stir the chicken into the pot with the sauce. You can break up the chicken into pieces or keep it in whole pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
Slow Cooker Instructions:
- Don’t use the broth for the slow cooker version. Add all other ingredients into the slow cooker. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Stir. You can break up the chicken into pieces or keep it in whole pieces. Serve and enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot