The name says it all! A loose meat sandwich with the most amazing sauce and melty cheese. All together it tastes like manna in your mouth. Make this in your Instant Pot or on the stove.
For the meat:
- 1 shallot, diced (or 1/2 cup of diced onion)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pound 85/15 ground beef
For the special sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 Tbsp Catalina or French dressing
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 4 hoagie buns
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to sauté setting (“more”). When display says hot add in the shallot, water, soy sauce, parsley, basil and garlic powder. Cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the beef and break it up and brown for about 5 minutes. There will still be a little pink in the meat, that is okay.
- Cancel off the sauté setting. Cover the Instant Pot. Turn Instant Pot to the slow cooker setting (“more”) and set the time to 30 minutes. (This stays good on the keep warm setting for several hours until you are ready to serve).
- Prepare the sauce by stirring the mayo, dressing, ketchup and mustard together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- To serve: split the rolls, slather with sauce and put cheese on top. Place under oven’s broiler until cheese melts (1-2 minutes). Heap the meat mixture on top and serve.
Stovetop directions: You can also make this on the stove. Heat a pan over medium heat and add in the shallot, water, soy sauce, parsley, basil and garlic powder. Cook for about 3-4 minutes. Add in the beef and break it up and brown for 5 minutes. Turn heat to low and cover the pan. Let cook on low for 30 minutes and then serve.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. Increase ingredient amounts but keep the same cooking time.
- Category: Beef