We all scarfed this taco casserole down. I love the idea of adding a dollop of sour cream and guacamole on the top! I used my casserole crock to make this recipe but a normal slow cooker will work too.
|Taco Casserole is a family friendly meal and can be made in the slow cooker or the oven!
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning (I use homemade)
- 1 (13.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.5 oz) can rotel tomatoes (diced tomatoes with green chiles)
- 1 (14 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar and mozzarella)
- Toppings: tortilla chips, sour cream, cilantro, avocado
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef and add in the taco seasoning. When the meat is well browned add in the cream of chicken soup, rotel, black beans and frozen corn. Stir together. Pour all into the bottom of your slow cooker. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2-3 hours.*
- In serving bowls, put a handful of crunched up tortilla chips. Top the chips with a scoop of the casserole. Top with sour cream, cilantro and avocado, if desired
*This recipe can also be made in the oven. Use a 9×13 pan and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Ideal slow cooker size: 3-4 quart
To make gluten free: Substitute cream of chicken soup out with a can for a GF container of soup OR try this homemade recipe that equals the same as a can: 3/4 cup gluten-free chicken stock, 3/4 cup whole milk, 3 TBS. cornstarch. Check taco seasoning to be sure it does not contain wheat.
Serve this meal with a fresh fruit salad…some ideas from other bloggers are:
Berry Delicious Fruit Salad from Foodie Crush
Best Ever Tropical Fruit Salad from the Slow Roasted Italian
Fruit Salad with Honey Yogurt Dressing from the Lemon Bowl