A mixture of ground beef and pork are seasoned well and formed into meatballs and then simmered for hours in your slow cooker. A creamy gravy smothers the meatballs for a delicious dinner you’d love to have any day of the week.
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (0.87 oz) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a mixing bowl combine the eggs, ketchup, bread crumbs, parsley, worcestershire, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt and chili powder. Crumble the meats over the mixture and use your clean or gloved hands to mix well.
- Pour 1 cup of beef broth into the bottom of your slow cooker. Shape the meat mixture into meatballs and place in the bottom of the slow cooker. I formed mine fairly large and there were 9.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- Scoop the meatballs onto a platter and tent loosely with foil.
- Pour the broth from the slow cooker into a saucepan. Set on the stove top on medium high heat. Whisk in the gravy mix and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for one minute. Remove from the heat. Add in the sour cream. Season to taste.
- Serve gravy over the meatballs and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
Gluten free option: Believe it or not, this can actually be altered to be gluten-free. First double check your broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. There are gluten-free bread crumbs out there at most local grocery stores. Also, McCormick’s makes a brown gravy mix that says “gluten-free” right across the front.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Serving Size: 1 meatball with gravy
- Calories: 315
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 636 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 10 g
- Protein: 17 g