A loose meat sandwich seasoned with southwest flavors and then topped with cheese, avocado and tomato. A perfect dinner or lunch to feed a crowd.
- 1 pound lean or extra lean ground beef
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 chipotle pepper canned in adobo sauce, diced
- 1 Tbsp adobo sauce (from the chipotle chili can)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Mayo, sliced tomato, sliced avocado, sliced cheese (I used colby jack)
- Buns, for serving
- Heat a pan on your stove over medium high heat. Brown the beef for about 3-4 minutes then add in the salt, pepper and onion. Stir and let the onion saute for 3-4 more minutes. Drain off any excess grease. Add the beef/onions to the slow cooker.
- Stir in the broth, chipotle and adobo sauce, garlic powder, cumin and tomato sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Then add in the chopped cilantro and lime juice.
- Slice the buns in half and toast them. Spread a little mayo on each bun. Scoop some of the meat mixture on top of each of the buns. Top each sandwich with tomato, avocado and cheese. Eat and enjoy!
You can easily double or triple this recipe to serve a crowd.
If you want to make it a little less spicy then leave out the adobo sauce.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Southwestern