A beefy savory casserole with potatoes, green beans and cheddar cheese.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pound yellow or red potatoes, cut into cubes (skins off or on)
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed (or you can use canned, see note)
- 1 cup grated medium or sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add in the ground beef and onions. Break up the ground beef. Brown the ground beef for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease. Add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Then stir in the tomato paste, worcestershire, salt, garlic powder and oregano.
- Add the mixture to the slow cooker and then stir in the broth. Add in the yellow potatoes and then top with the green beans.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours, or until potatoes are tender. All slow cookers cook differently.
- Remove the lid. Stir in the cheddar and then scoop onto plates and serve.
If you prefer, you can use canned green beans instead of fresh. Don’t add the beans until after the food has slow cooked. Just drain the green beans and stir them in along with the cheese. They’ll warm through quickly.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American