A creamy savory sauce envelopes mushrooms, tender bites of chicken and linguine noodles. This is a quick and easy meal for any night of the week.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 pound mushrooms, washed and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 8 ounces dry linguine noodles (I used whole wheat)
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Parsley, for garnish
- Add broth and chicken to the slow cooker. Slice up the butter into 8 pieces and sprinkle over the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Add in the mushrooms, garlic, rosemary, thyme and garlic powder. Toss the seasonings into the mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Cut the chicken into pieces.
- When ready to serve, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain off the water. Stir the pasta and half and half into the slow cooker. Salt to taste and stir in the shredded parmesan cheese.
- Scoop noodles, chicken and mushrooms onto plates and serve topped with a bit of chopped parsley.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American