Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken is the perfect recipe to have in your back pocket on those days when you don’t have the time or energy to cook. With just 2 ingredients this recipe is quick and easy. It tastes great and can be served in many ways including over rice, in tacos, burritos or quesadillas or on top of salad.
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4 chicken breasts)
- 1 (16 oz) jar Herdez brand salsa verde (mild)
- 1/2 cup water
- Place chicken in the slow cooker. Pour the salsa verde and water over the top.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours (thawed chicken) to 8 hours (frozen chicken)
- Remove the lid. Use tongs to move the chicken to a cutting board. Shred* the chicken. Then stir it back into the slow cooker.
- Use chicken in tacos, burritos, quesadillas, over rice, in salad or plain.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/10 of recipe
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 466 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Protein: 31 g
Keywords: slow cooker